VHS-C camcorder stops recording 15 minutes before the 60min tape end.

Hello! My JVC GR16 VHS-C camcorder stops recording 15 minutes before the 60min tape end. The 60min (not 45min) tape is selected in the menu. How to make the camcorder record to the last 15 minutes of the tape? Best regards, Dima +79035093892

Start 15 minutes later.
Have you tried anotehr tape?
Have you tried a better quality tape?
If so: The reason tapes stop is that the one of the reels isn't turning anymore. This usually happens because the feed reel won't easily unload more tape.
Or because the takeup reel isn't trying hard enough to take it up. This can happen if that reel is powered by a belt and the belt is old and stretched. MY only experience is with vcrs. Do they use belts in your camera?
If the feed reel is not feedign, it might help to lube whatever is sticking. Hard enough on a vcr to find the thing but harder yet in a camera.

I have tried another tape - did not help. All tapes I use are good quality, JVC 60 EHG. Do you mean to start 15 minutes after the tape beginning? Best regards, Dima

I would try another brand, no matter how good that brand is. Because it's what, 2,3,4 dollars for a tape, and a hundred or more for a repair and hundreds for a new camera, and it's often impossible with the tools we have to find out why something is broken or to predict what will fix it.

That line was a joke.

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 05:21:11 -0400, mm wrote:

I would do the same. Having experience in vcr repair since the early days of Beta, it's just common sense to try another brand before heading to the repair shop. I've had my Hi-8 Sony apart to fix a loose connection and don't recall seeing any belts on the tape deck. Still there has to be a friction driven device in the drive train to the take up reel to apply the proper amount of torque to the tape and if any brand of tape stops prematurely, the most likely culprit would be that device.

Why did you request that your message not be archived, but removed from Groups? Best regards, Dima
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:11:24 -0700, D wrote:

Just a setting in my news reader, nothing personal. And it's only noticed by those who use Google Groups.

He's CIA.

Trust issues.