VGA and RS-232c

Hello

I see a VGA and RS-232c port on the back of my Tyco, digital Video Recorder (they are female). Does anyone know what they are for, and what can i plug into them? It is being used for cams.

Thank you

Reply to
Harry

Well VGA is standard computer output so you may be able to record stuff off of your pc.

Lou

Reply to
Lou

Model number?

Reply to
Meat Plow

And the RS 232 port is a data serial port. The manual should explain this.

-- Oren

Oren

Used to update firmware, software etc from an external pc.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Hi, VGA is for video most likely output port you can connect to a computer monitor to see what's recorded RS232. port may be for control purpose probably input port.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

VGA is obviously for attaching a VGA monitor and viewing locally what's being recorded. Also extremely useful for making sure your cameras are still positioned well and not spray-painted over if you know what I mean.

As far as RS-232 connector, that one is most likely just a rudiment of a PC which your DVR is built out of. May not be used for anything useful at all or may be used for connections to a PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) controller. If you don't have PTZ cameras (if you did, you'd know - they are 10 times more expensive than fixed) simply don't worry about the RS.

Cheers, D~

and Discussions Community of the Net Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 220368 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
DA

Should, but I can imagine the manual saying, 12 -- input data serial port

And leaving the owner guessing.

Reply to
mm

Not familiar with the 12?

The RS-232 standard will explain it all, but I'm not one to spend time on using a serial port - not in the past six years.

-- Oren

Oren

Hello, In other words i can hook my computer monitor up to the DVR instead of the way it is now (hooked up to a tv)?

Truly

Reply to
Harry

Hello, The Model No. is: A-SDR401E-80

Truly

Reply to
Harry

Give it a try.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Scroll down to your model number and download the Adobe PDF file and read. Full description of your recorder is there.

Meat Plow

Reply to
Cliff Hartle