Very OT - Computers

That is true. A few months ago, Newsguy inserted a cheesy spam message at the end of every post. I displayed my displeasure by using a long winded retort as my signature.
Bob, with Newsguy saw it on another group and contacted me about it. They quickly removed it. I thought that was pretty customer oriented and very responsive. I then added the above sig.
--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--
My stupidity is showing here.
By two monitors, are you saying you have two flat screens attached to one pc? I have a fairly new flat screen monitor, but it looks like alot of the new Dells come with a monitor as well.
Thanks.
Corinne Andy Asberry wrote:

Corinne wrote:

I have twin 19 inch LCDs on my work PC and let me tell you, you get spoiled by this REALLY quick. Using my single 17 incher at home just feels like there is no room at all now.

if you do decide to buy new, here is a neat site for weekly sales in the US, state by state:
http://salescircular.com /
lee h
A great site, that I have bookmarked.
Thanks.
lee houston wrote:

Dear Corrine, I've been using computers for over 15 years. For the past year I've had a Dell desktop. My advice is very simple.DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T Buy a DELL. Service is non existent. go ahead ..;....be like me and everyone else I know and pay the extra for nextbusiness day service. - I've been waiting over a month for that one. the further up the management pipeline you go, the more Rude people are and the less help you get. And getting less help than "None" is something I find quite remarkable , but it happens with Dell.
Considering how few poeople actually do get off their buts and complain or admit to making poor purchase decisions the number of public complaints made about Dell should be enough to worry you - There are class action suits file in the states for god's sake - this is not just net urban legend, I've actually downloaded the legal doc's to verify it as I couldn't believe it .
Their computers are set -up with so much extraneous rubbish, they are actually designed to underperform. You'll get it complete with software whiuch you absiloutely do not ever wish to install. And you'll get no help when you need it.
I'm a pc boy through and through so I won't mention the "get a mac" thing which many might. But perhaps you just ned to go to the next town and find another local guy to build you a system - I've had sevetral homebuilt systems over the years and they have all been better than excellent. Maybe someone else will give you a brand name to consider . But please don't let it be Dell - companies with that little respect for their customers should not be encouraged - as a marketing/ad' man I 'll also point out that Dell sell on nothing but price don't they?? - that's cause there aint no quality to speak of -pay extra for a decent soundcard and they just slap it on top of a cheap integrated motherboard etc. etc.
Good luck , but just think about all those complaints - it takes a lot for many people to admit they made a porr purchase decision but Dell manages to get lots of people to admit it don't they? Best regards and hope that's food for thought. Peter p.
Corinne wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, I might mention Mac. I buy very used very cheap ($25) macs and they seem to last forever, are EZ to fix and have a dedicated e-mail group to supply cheap parts or add-ons when desired.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don\'t
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/