Very OT - arthritis and rain storms

Had a severe t-storm yesterday. mostly in the evening and night. Lasted many hours. Much very loud close-by thunder and temporary deep flooding in my yard.
Started having a mild pain in my left shoulder yesterday afternoon. Much worse and in my neck by late evening. Extreme pain at any movement last night - very little sleep. By morning had eased up. By now still bad, but much better than last night.
I could well be wrong but I think my arthritis (?) pain and weather are related. Any theories?
TIA
On 9/9/2015 9:35 AM, KenK wrote:

Low barometric pressure (e.g., "stormy weather") and high humidity tend to cause folks increased "joint pain". But, it isn't these *conditions* that seem to be the causal factor; rather, the *change* in conditions is the more significant event.
Soft tissues expand in reduced barometric pressure. Humidity causes blood to "thicken". Humidity also interferes with your body's means of thermal regulation (sweating to shed excess heat). Your body can push out fluids (sweat) to TRY to lower its temperature, but, if those don't EVAPORATE (because of the high RH), your body has no choice but to push out *more* fluids, etc. This can lead to relative dehydration which reduces the fluids available in joints (cartilage, etc.).
OTOH, your body will adapt to these changes (over time -- weather EVENTS aren't long enough to support adaptation!). So, moving to a dry climate may NOT give you the relief that you would otherwise expect. It may, however, give you a more "constant" environment in which to live (eliminating those "weather events").
If you want the *real* skinny, ask your MD. Chances are, you'll get a knowing nod/shrug and "there's nothing we can do about it"...
Oren wrote:

The dog and I both have an increase in aches and pains when storms blow in .
--
Snag