Very Noisy Disposal ... Fixable?

Page 2 of 2

Good to see someone else here has common sense.
I guess you're both right. It can't be done.
Except that it can.

Mr. Room,
I don't believe that I ever said "it couldn't be done"; whatever "it" is. I was merely responding to your implied (at least to me) statement that if an item was put together on an assembly line by minimally educated persons then a more highly educated person should be able to take it apart.
You'll note that I disclaimed my response (twice) by stating what I thought you meant, and that if you did indeed mean what I thought you meant, then I disagree. However, if you were specifically refering to garbage disposals, then I have no knowledge as to whether they can be taken apart or not - at least not to the level that the OP might need to.
So, if your comment referred to garbage disposals only, I respectfully bow out of this thread. However, if it is your opinion that anything put together by humans on an assembly line can be (easily) taken apart for repair, then I stand by my earlier disagreement.