Very Noisy Disposal ... Fixable?

.

m...

:

Mr. Room,

I don't believe that I ever said "it couldn't be done"; whatever "it" is. I was merely responding to your implied (at least to me) statement that if an item was put together on an assembly line by minimally educated persons then a more highly educated person should be able to take it apart.

You'll note that I disclaimed my response (twice) by stating what I thought you meant, and that if you did indeed mean what I thought you meant, then I disagree. However, if you were specifically refering to garbage disposals, then I have no knowledge as to whether they can be taken apart or not - at least not to the level that the OP might need to.

So, if your comment referred to garbage disposals only, I respectfully bow out of this thread. However, if it is your opinion that anything put together by humans on an assembly line can be (easily) taken apart for repair, then I stand by my earlier disagreement.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I too have found that replacing the gasket works. What worked even better was replacing the thin metal sink that came with house with a heavier one. Also the next time you have to replace the disposal get the best auto reversing unit you can get. Its money well spent. Cost is soon forgotten, quality is long remembered.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D