vertical blinds connector ?

Our rear doors are covered by a 112" W x ~86" H set of vertical blinds. I would like to keep everything BUT the fabric vanes.
NON STANDARD VANE-to-RAIL CONNECTOR The issue is that the plastic piece that connects the fabric vanes to the rail appears non-standard. The (male) connector facing downward from the rail is in the shape of a capital I (like an I beam). The female connector, connected to the fabric closes in around the bottom of the I-beam. (see the link below for a few pictures of this connector). Some of the female connectors are broken. I'd like to find a place that sells replacement connectors. Everything at HD & Lowe's is a standard/interchangeable clip.
Any ideas?
VERTICAL BLIND CONNECTORS http://home.comcast.net/~conundrum78/site/?/photos /
thanks in advance, blind newbie
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:10:22 -0700 (PDT), foolio97

Have you looked all over the blinds to find out who made them?
Do you know where you got them?

The blinds were installed by a previous owner, I got on a chair and looked, unsuccessfully, at the top, front, & sides for a manufacturer label. I haven't taken the whole assembly down yet; I'll try that tonight.

That is a non-standard clip. 22 years in the business and I have never seen that one. That is the bad news.
The good news if you want to call it that is that the prices for a complete new vertical blind are cheaper than just buying the new vanes. I have priced it out a few times for clients and it has always worked out that way.
To cover all existing holes just order a new blind the same width and height or add an inch to each measurement.
Here to help you with the install if you post.
--
Colbyt