Verizon Fios nightmare

Page 2 of 2
bob haller wrote:

Service appointments were always in four hour blocks. 8-12 or 12-4. The customer would have to take the entire day off to get repair done to their FiOS system. We would hear stories from the field technicians themselves on how they would creep up to the door and lightly tap on it. If no one answered within 30 seconds they would leave a Not Home sticker on the door. Granted not everyone of them were like that, but everyone of them were unionized and embodied the typical stereotype of a union thug.
On Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:59:23 AM UTC-4, badgolferman wrote:

every single road tech was nice friendly knowledgable and helpful:)
too bad all the supervisors, and phone reps were abusive, blamed interior wiring , blaming me for everything that doesnt work.
In my case after 3 months the noise on the line was finally traced to a bad router in their central office.....
On 10/4/2014 12:12 AM, bob haller wrote:

Mimics my experiences with the "phone company". I had some real nightmares with AT&T and Verizon. That's why I shy away from FIOS. There still exists that old telephone mentality when they were a monopoly and it was take it or leave it. Customer service was rotten. Their problem lies in their offices, not their techs on the road, where my experience has always been good.
On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 06:02:52 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

Agreed. I moved to Tivo 2 years ago and replaced a lousy cable box which was slow and had poor reliability. The cost of the Tivo was well worth the switch and I bought lifetime service too. My monthly cost now is only the cablecard rental of $1.50.
Thane