Verizon FIOS = HELL!

In the middle of my phone not working their junk mail increased:(

Even after asking nicely to put me on do not disturb, up to the presidents office of verizon.

I finally conned a rep claiming the marketing manager whos name was on all that junk, was a long lost realtive of mine:)

they gave me the office number and I called repeatedly ripping into them for crap service.

I finally quiit being solicited:)

After asking politely the first few verizon reps who came to my door to STOP, I began calling the cops on them. None were carrying the required solicitation permits.

This law was enacted burglars would act like solicitators, checking for no one home.

A tech savy resident got photos of the solicitator twice, once ringing bell acting the part, then later walking thru his home. Smile he was on candid camera.

So at the moment verizon is leaving me alone, I cancel at least some services monday:)

Reply to
hallerb

Join the "cox.internet.community.lasvegas" group. There is a Tech that monitors the group...

I posted there once and the guy flashed my router at night while I was asleep :)

( flashing the router would have been my next step, but the guy beat me to it)

Reply to
Oren

I was told, by a Verizon employee, there was not enough bandwidth in their connection to the backbone, thus causing the DSL slowdown when many people are on line. Of course he was only referring to this area of western NC. As I said in an earlier post, there has been vast improvements in the last 9 or 10 months ... at least for my area. The employees don't care what they say about their company because most of them will either retire or go with the new company (Frontier) when they take over later this year. From what I understand, Frontier doesn't have a good retirement plan, so those who are Verizon pension eligible, will be taking it. BTW, I had Ameritech DSL in the Chicago area, more recently new at&t, and it was very good. But even in the Chicago area, I've heard other complain about DSL problems similar to my Verizon problems.

Reply to
Art Todesco

I'm late to this thread, but I am ready to concede that the inventor of auto attendant systems shot be shot. It's just another way to make the customer bear the cost of support by wasting enormous amounts of time reading menus at them when a smart receptionist would know in seconds where to send you.

These two year contracts should be illegal, especially when all they are risking is a $20 router or cable modem. They are mostly to lock out competition and restrain free market force. I'm surprised some lawyer hasn't sued them just on that basis.

I am *so* glad I didn't fall for FIOS - although I almost did - when a friend told me that the first thing they did was cut his old copper phone wire I backed off. Just like "early termination fee" cutting your copper is designed to force you to stay with them. If there was true competition, then maybe some of these tricks might be conscionable, but the alternates are so limited that they're not. They behave so much like monopolies, that they really are monopolies, in the practical sense of the word.

How can they offer such terrible service to so many people and still survive? I think it's because there's no real alternative. But there's something else. This generation of kids seems to be "whipped." They pay usurious interest and outrageous fees and think nothing of it. It seems they feel getting seriously screwed by big business is just an unescapable fact of life. I can't help but think of them as Eloi, hearing the siren and going to the caves to feed the Morlocks in the Time Machine.

I don't think people realize the only true voting power they have is in their wallet and when someone really screws you, you HAVE to terminate your relationship with them, even if it hurts you because there's no other way to have your voice heard. American companies *know* how infrequently customers change to competitors and they take full advantage of it. So just DO IT and write a letter to a VP about why you did. Google is great for finding VPs. (-: As you pointed out, the system *prides* itself on not having to listen to anything the customer has to say. That means you have to be creative in reaching one.

That's a serious dilemma. Whenever I talk to someone like Verizon, I always have a competitor's latest deal in front of me. Sometimes they *will* cut a deal to keep you if they think you're really going to leave them.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Those SOB's did that here in Maryland, too. At first they got me to the door under the guise of their being something important about "my service." I thought they were doing some maintenance or something. I talked to them thru the intercom 3 times asking them to leave. The fourth time I rang the

12" alarm bell mounted in the roof above the porch. The little morons had the audacity to say "no need to be rude" as they scurried away. Next day I found gum stuck on my windshield.

Exactly. Wait - what did you say? I think you meant the law was enacted to KEEP them from acting as solicitors. These were two college age guys without even ID badges and just a clipboard with a form on it. If I hadn't already decided I wouldn't take FIOS because they clipped your copper lines, that would have done it.

Verizon is desperate for sign-ups. They rolled out a discretionary, very expensive service in the middle of a recession. Jobs are on the line because it costs them IIRC, almost $800 to wire a home for FIOS and if enough people fail to sign up, they'll be operating at a loss. I read that they've stopped expanding and if your city doesn't have FIOS underway by now, you ain't getting it.

Yep, so desperate to get people to sign up they'd probably hire anybody. I'll bet they didn't realize that anyone who they've ever locked into a two year contract with outrageous early termination fees is going to think long and hard before getting involved with Verizon again. I laughed when the rep said: "That's not us, it's Verizon Wireless. We're not the same company." So why use the same name? To trade off the name, for sure.

I'm with you. I am at least going to get rid of calling features I never use.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green