vents on Bradford White water heater

The flood killed my Whirlpool water heater; a supplier is holding a Bradford White gas water heater for me, although I've never seen it. After I hung up the phone I found this photo of a Bradford White one has vents on the bottom (my old one doesn't)--which I guess my new one probably has. I'm paranoid now about future flooding getting into those vents. Comments anyone?

nosredna

Gas burners are at the bottom and the outer case is not water proof. In case of flood you are out of business with or without vents.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
nosredna

If it is below flood stage it will flood. Look into gas tankless by Bosch ,you will pay more initialy but will save alot .My payback is apx

4 yrs on a Bosch
Reply to
m Ransley

Check to see if the tall one has a built in stool. It may be elevated. They were thinking of doing that to prevent fires from when people spill solvents on the basement floor. The solvents take longer to be ignited if the flame is elevated a couple of feet off the ground. That is another reason to keep it off the floor. May be code now in your area.

> > Heaters

Reply to
Art