venting for cold storage room

I noticed that in my new home the home builder put 2 vents in the cold storage room. That's wonderful but both vents are the flap kind ?? How is air suppose to get and out if the vents are closed 100% of the time. Are the vents not suppose to be the kind that are constructed open wtih a screen inside to prevent bugs from getting in ? There is a really bad musty smell as well in the basement.

Reply to
car crash