Venting Bathroom Exhaust through Soffit

i've seen a toppic on this here....but i wanna change the facts a bit if i can..
i have a vented soffit (vinyl) on the sides of my house and am thinking of venting a bathroom exhause using the duraflow vent:
http://tinyurl.com/pc2m6
assuming its just a vinyl soffit (no wood to rot)...
does anyone have any hesitation in venting through the soffit if i cover up maybe 2 or so feet of the vented soffit on either side of this vent to prevent the exhaust from returning into the attic?
i'd just prefer to do this vs. a roof vent because 1. its easier for a diy'er and 2. less likely to leak.
thanks
rg
--
RGMetro

put the noisy fan away from the bathroom. see links for ventilation:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm
RGMetro wrote:

RGMetro wrote:

Both my upstairs bathroom fans are ducted to the continuously vented soffit and the duct ends just lay there on the vinyl without anything cut into the soffits. They've been like that for 20 years.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Willshak wrote:

I wouldn't worry about blocking off the existing soffits for 2 feet on either side of the fan exhaust. IMO, the concern about the exhaust getting recycled back into the soffits is way overblown and all it's going to do is cut down on attic ventilation. The only time I've seen trouble is when the fans are vented directly into the attic
I'd just make sure the bath fan has a good open path to the outside. Not sure about your exact construction, but keep in mind, just because you have vinyl siding, does not mean there isn't wood sheathing, etc around it that can rot if the vent isn't properly done.
thanks for the responses :)
sounds like a plan. i think i'm gonna cut through the vinyl soffit and should be fairly easy as i'm sure there's not wood there.
its only about a 5-6 foot reach between where the fan will go to the soffit.
what's kind of great, which i noticed offer the weekend, is i can reach the soffit from the bathroom window easily.
so i won't need a ladder on the side of the house (its a second floor bathroom) and all i'll have to go is up to the attic.
now i just have to lift those attic floor boards i put down a year ago and cut an opening for the duct.
thanks again :)
--
RGMetro