Venting Attics for Heat Control, or Not?

Page 2 of 2

Interesting.
I find myself trying to make "engineering sense" out of that.
The best I can come up with is that when the sun starts to go down, the roof will cool (via radiation) a lot faster than will the air.
John Gilmer wrote:

All they were saying is that it may not be cost effective to install venying IF the other two conditions are met. Note: That is a big if.