Vent stack replacement device

Saw an interesting device in the home store today. Replaces the need for a vent on a drain line. Essentially a 6" nozzle with a one-way valve to let air in but not out. Probably been around for a while, but first time I've seen one.
Has anyone tried one of these? I daren't ask whether it meets code..... Presumably would only be workable in an accessible situation such as a sink or basin.
GM wrote:

Lots of info here: http://www.studor.com/index2.htm
Yes, it must remain accessible.
Code acceptable? Depends. We don't have a "National" Code (US) and big differences exist between regions of the country.
Won't replace the stack vent, but can be used on individual fixture traps.
Jim