Vent Pipe Part

I am looking to replace the round rubber part at the bottom of this bathroom vent pipe (see link at bottom) where it enters the roof. You can partly see on the other side that the rubber is crumbling and allowing rain to enter the attic. What is this part called (boot, gasket?) and do the big box stores carry them? Can I just seal it with some kind of rubber sealant?
http://i44.tinypic.com/124zvck.jpg
Thanks!

Vent roof flashing, roof vent stack flashing. Don't do a bandaid with sealant - that won't work for long, and you can't just replace the rubber part. There are products that slip over the vent, such as: http://www.permabootstore.com/perma-boot-312 but they have limitations as well.
The big box stores will carry vent flashing, but I've never noticed a repair product. Try a local roofing supplier - the odds are much better they'll have something that'll work for you.

Take the picture to a local roofing company that is recommended by someone you trust and see what they recommend. It makes a difference if your area is subject to below freezing temperatures or not. You can always try that black rubbery stuff they are advertising on TV that claims to repair anything, they supposedly covered a screen door in the bottom of a rowboat without any leaks, but that is only for a day, you probably would like the fix to last five years or more.

Sadly there is no replacement part other than roofing cement.
There are some fairly expensive retro fit thing but they also are made of plastic.
Colbyt

Got my replacement @ Menards after a raccoon decided he didn't like the old one.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z95/dollymadis/0002.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z95/dollymadis/0003.jpg
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:05:20 GMT, Red Green wrote:

I have no problem with removing shingles. I just wanted to know the name of the part so I could search for it on Google, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.
--
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

They have them in the area of the store where shingles and roofing products are located.
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:18:17 GMT, Red Green wrote:

I should have looked at the how to videos on Youtube before I ripped off the shingles and felt in pieces to get to the flashing. Oh well, I still have some extra shingles.
--
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices. -- William James

They're called vent pipe boots. Go to google and type "vent pipe boot". Lots of them will appear.
I'm not suggesting Amazon, but this site has photos. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
I do recall seeing them at a large Ace Hardware store. Several people said to go to a roofing company, when in fact, I'd go to a plumbing supply store. Some of the big box stores should have them too. In PLUMBING DEPT.
They are sometimes called "Vent Pipe Collars" too.
Also look here: http://www.perma-boot.com/product-info /
By the way, if you need a temporary patch, use silicone, not roofing cement (tar).