Vent covers in finished basement

My vent covers keep falling to the ground in my newly finished basement. I don't want to use screws to hold them up as it will put a hole in the vent cover and a hold in the gyprock. Any other idea on how to hold them into place without putting holes in the vents ? Tks.

Velcro

Glue

Construction adhesive.
Joe
car crash wrote:

Don't they sell the kind held up with big-ass spring clips that hold against the back side of the drywall, any more? Or the kind where you stick a skinny screwdriver through the vent slot, and rotate a clip sideways? (Haven't bought a ceiling vent in probably 20 years...)
-- aem sends...

re: big-ass spring clips
That's a technical term, right? <g>