Velux GGL-8 window

I am trying to figure out how to increase the friction on the hinge of the window so they stay open. I open them about 90degrees then gently let them back down.. I have one that will remain open about 18 inches and the other closes down to 6 inches.
--
GMKIWI

Remount the window so that bottom sticks out some or top sticks in some or both you solve the problem!!!