Vehicle Recall Notice -- 2005 Colorado

The notice reads, " ... may have a condition where contamination in the brake light switch could cause the loss of brake lamps or continuous illumination of the brake lamps. The performance of the brakes is not affected."
Next paragraph: "Do not take your vehicle to your Chevrolet dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition as described above."
OK, so the left brake lamp and the upper brake lamp work fine, but the right brake lamp is out.
Would you say that this is more likely a burned-out bulb rather than a contaminated brake light switch? With a malfunctioning switch, wouldn't all three brake lamps fail? Thanks.
Marie wrote:

While it could be worded more explicitly, that's the way I read the announcement. "loss ob brake lamps" I believe means all and the other failure condition of stuck on tends to corroborate.
Marie wrote:

Could also be a defect in the turn signal switching.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)