VCR help please

Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you

Reply to
Luke

Luke wrote in news:4abfa6ad$0$16496$ snipped-for-privacy@news.shared-secrets.com:

BTW I would have asked at an elevtronics group but most appear dead.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. Any leads would be helpful. Thank you

Reply to
Luke

Smitty Two wrote in

Will try there.

Thank you Smitty Two.

Reply to
Luke

You HAVE contacted SHARP electronics and asked them, right

Reply to
Rudy

What's a VCR?

Reply to
Mike rock

Hmm, You need a manual to operate a VCR? Or do you have a problem?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tried

?

Reply to
LouB

Go to this link, pay $3.50 and get yours. Item # TINS-3173AJZZ Click on View models to verify your VCR

Mysterious Traveler

Mysterious Traveler wrote in news:o9udnZBc1JKKNF3XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Thanks!

Reply to
Luke

A Visual Cueing Resonator.

Reply to
mm

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip:)

note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.

you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished recording.......

with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.

Reply to
bob haller

Yabut you can not save the recording in the box with other old tapes:-((

Reply to
LouB

Sure you can. Just hit 'record' on your VCR while playing back on your DVR.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

or DVR the show, watch later and skip thru the commercials while recording to a disc which takes up very littl;e storage space:)

Reply to
bob haller

On an hour show there are usually 21 minutes of commercials.

And remember if you have an HD DVR and record a lot of HD shows, your rated recording capacity is about half of the advertised.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

if your currently using a VCR is unlikely high def recording

Reply to
bob haller

I've found 15 to 19 minutes (except on PBS, where it's 4 to 8).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I rarely watch commercials I skip past them:) giving me more time for other things:)

Reply to
bob haller

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the commericals are more frequent than that in the past few years, even on network TV. I can't watch anything in real time anymore, except football, and the commericals are terrible there too.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri
[snip]

I'm often editing video (from Replays) to remove commercials. There are more commercial breaks in new shows (including one just a few seconds before the end of some).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd