VCR help please

Page 1 of 2

Hello all
I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.
Can you help please?
Thank you

BTW I would have asked at an elevtronics group but most appear dead.
Sorry if this is a bit off topic. Any leads would be helpful. Thank you

Will try there.
Thank you Smitty Two.

You HAVE contacted SHARP electronics and asked them, right
What's a VCR?
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:46:21 -0700 (PDT), Mike rock
A Visual Cueing Resonator.

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip:)
note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.
you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished recording.......
with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.
bob haller wrote:

Yabut you can not save the recording in the box with other old tapes:-((

Sure you can. Just hit 'record' on your VCR while playing back on your DVR. <g>
Jim

or DVR the show, watch later and skip thru the commercials while recording to a disc which takes up very littl;e storage space:)
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 06:44:05 -0700 (PDT), bob haller

On an hour show there are usually 21 minutes of commercials.
And remember if you have an HD DVR and record a lot of HD shows, your rated recording capacity is about half of the advertised.

if your currently using a VCR is unlikely high def recording

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the commericals are more frequent than that in the past few years, even on network TV. I can't watch anything in real time anymore, except football, and the commericals are terrible there too.
Cheri
[snip]

I'm often editing video (from Replays) to remove commercials. There are more commercial breaks in new shows (including one just a few seconds before the end of some).

Mark Lloyd
On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:00:36 -0400, "Jeff The Drunk"
[snip]

I've found 15 to 19 minutes (except on PBS, where it's 4 to 8).

Mark Lloyd

I rarely watch commercials I skip past them:) giving me more time for other things:)

You mean a Digital-cueing Visual Resonator. Yeah, I want to get me one of those, so I can have MCR, mutual cueing resonation.

Luke wrote:

Hmm, You need a manual to operate a VCR? Or do you have a problem?
Tony Hwang wrote:

Tried http://www.servicemanuals.net/thankyou/servicemanualsnew2003.htm ?
LouB wrote:

Go to this link, pay $3.50 and get yours. Item # TINS-3173AJZZ Click on View models to verify your VCR http://www.sharp-cart.com/ecom/accessories.htm?action=getSearchItems&ss_id $62&viewtalog/ss_items