Varnish vs. Waterguard

I need to protect some pine wood posts that are a part of the patio I'm installing. They will hold up lattice and and an overhead trellis. I was given some Olympic Waterguard that appears to be used mainly for decks and contains linseed oil & wax. Would I get better results with a varnish?
Kevin
no

When was the last time you seen water Guard Peel. Varnish will

pakdog wrote:

Thanks guys I'll go with the Water Guard.
Kevin