vanity/sink questions

When I moved into an old home, my 1/2 bath has a one piece molded imitation marble 31x19 vanity sink that is stained and crackled around the drain (possibly because faucet had been dripping). Some of the ones in the store looked very similar, so I was wondering what brands/models hold up best (would not disintegrate like that one).
In my main bath is what looks like a porcelian clamshell pedestal sink which has some chips and minor surface cracks. I replaced the cheap modern faucet with a more classic one, but looking for best way to clean/cover up the couple of cracks.
--
David Efflandt - All spam ignored http://www.de-srv.com /