vanity sink install

i remodeled my bathroom. (well, had someone else do most of it.)

but, I am installing my vanity. i took out the old one, and have put in the new one. however, after I attached the sink to the countertop, I noticed that the drain is about an inch or two to the right of the p trap opening, when that is swiveled over. what do i do to get the pipes connected? i already tried a flex tailpiece (8 inch extension.) so many plumbing parts, so little explanation.....

thanks.

Reply to
SeaKan

The good news is that there is almost always a way to do it. The bad news is you just have to buy a big bag of parts and line it up.

For a short measurement like 2", I am guessing that you will have to cut the stub out back towards the wall a bit and find a point at where the tailpiece of the sink will align with the trap and the stub out.

Since the tailpiece can't be moved, attach the swivel trap to the basin tailpiece and then swivel it around till you find a point that looks like it would work. The figure out how to make the connection. It is all trial and error.

Worst case you might have to go all the way back to the wall.

Clear as mud. Right!

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt