Vanguard(Dynavent) wall furnace not working

My father lives in a condo where every unit is heated by 2 natural gas vented wall furnaces. He used to have 2 Dynavent DNV 25 units (1 in the living room and 1 in the bedroom), then about 3 years ago he had them changed to 2 new Vanguards model 25's ( I believe Dynavent and Vanguard are the same company). One of the units recently developed a problem. When you call for heat, the blower comes on in about 15 seconds, but the igniter does not glow. I tried removing it and checking for any broken/loose wires but it looked fine. Is there anything I can look for or test before calling the service man? Since the other unit is working, can I swap out the igniter, module, or something else to see what the problem is?
Thanks, just a few questions:
What am I suppose to read with the ohmeter and voltmeter? I'm assuming 0 ohms and 120Volts ( or 24V ?)
What will happen if I touch the igniter?
Swap the ignitor and see, I might be wrong but but dont touch the ignitor area.
Take an ohm reading across the ignitor, then take a voltage reading at the ignitor to see if it is getting voltage.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

This is Turtle.
Human oil off your fingers will get on the igniter and when you power it up it will burn up.
TURTLE