Vaillant Boiler - Pressure running high

I have a Vaillant combi bolier (about 10 years old) with the pressur
guage jumping to the max all the time. I have to use the pressur release tap to release the excess water once every week or even ever two days!
I know the pressure represents the amount of water store inside th boiler, so is it a problem with my top-up tap that slowly lettin excess water into the boiler or is it something else?
Thanks for any help or suggestions
-- Opuscm
I have a Vaillant combi bolier (about 10 years old) with the pressur
guage jumping to the max all the time. I have to use the pressur release tap to release the excess water once every week to every tw days! I know the pressure represents the amount of water store insid the boiler, so is it a problem with my top-up tap that slowly lettin excess water into the boiler or there's something else?
Thanks for any help or suggestions
-- Opuscm
Opuscm wrote:

Try post to: UK.D-I-Y
Jim
Barry said that already
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Bob Pietrangelo wrote:

Yeah, apologies, but because of the nature of Usenet not all posts appear at all nodes simultaneously so his wasn't apparent to me.
But thanks anyway, Jim
Lower water to the proper level and turn off the auto fill valve, if the pressure then climbs dramaticly when the water is heated it is the expansion tank. Auto fill valves go bad just leave it off if it is the cause
Good Morning.
Gauge pressure reading relates to height of water in pipes above. What you describe happening could be caused by failure of expansion tank or of pressure-regulating fill-valve. Or both.
To diagnose and fix, I'd suggest you contact a competent plumber.
HTH, John