vacuum cleaners.... I've gone through 3 eurekas already !

Meile, but they make the Dyson look cheap ...

Reply to
bl

OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more than a year?!?!? Good God ! The best buy warranty ends if they give you a new one. That one has now failed as well.

Any suggestions on a good long term Vacuum? PLEASE !?!?!?!?!?!

Reply to
Rich

"Rich" wrote in news:KKePd.27267$uc.10703@trnddc03:

I bought a brand new vacuum and the first time using, the belt broke. I've tried all brands and they all are too weak and break down. I guess they only work if you already have a clean floor.

Reply to
FlavorFlav

We have an Electrolux that is 20 years old and I just put a new hose on it. The Hoover is about 6 years old and is as good as the day it was bought. I don't know if those companies are still maintaining the same quality though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hmm, Something wrong having a built-in vacuum? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I have dirt devil I bought in '92. It still works great but I have no hairy pets in the house; just a short-haired cat.

Reply to
Kathy

Boy, they must not make them like they used to. I have a eureka bough

back in '89 and it still works like a champ. Never had one problem wit it. I do feel bag style units are the way to go over bagless but that' only my opinion.

Lou

-- Lou

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lou G's Profile:

this thread:
post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or

Reply to
Lou G

What burnt out ???

Reply to
m Ransley

Boy, they must not make them like they used to. I have a eureka bough

back in '89 and it still works like a champ. Never had one problem wit it. I do feel bag style units are the way to go over bagless but that' only my opinion.

Lou

-- Lou

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lou G's Profile:

this thread:
post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or

Reply to
Lou G

I bought a hoover head for my central vacuum. A windtunnel type. 2 years old and working fine.

Reply to
Art

If you are having such bad luck I might look to see how your using the vacumn. Are you vacumning lots of hair, bolts, rocks, automobiles, etc.. Unlikely you are doing such a thing. Does your bag get filled fast and maybe this is causing the motor to work to hard?

I might in your case, go to a used vacumn cleaner store and buy a used old vacumn. See what they have to offer and check online and see what brands are known for quality. I believe the new vacs are crap in long term usage and in performance. If your not having luck with the new stuff, I would think out of the box and try something used which was made 15-20 yrs ago.

Reply to
Unknown

Find an old Hoover at a garage sale. I have my mother's vacuum which is probably about 40 years old, and it still works fine. I replace the drive belt occassionally, and I replaced the beater bar a couple years ago (parts are still available from the local vacuum cleaner repair store).

Ken

Reply to
Ken