Vacuum Cleaner Repair

We own the following vacuum cleaner:
http://www.hoover.com/Product.aspx?model=U5140900&ds úlse
The agitator brush got clogged, and the unit overheated. After cleaning the agitator, it powers up and seems work fine until the agitator comes into contact with the carpet, and then it stalls. There is no change in the pitch of the motor.
Are there two motors in the unit or just one? If it is one, there must be a problem between the motor, belt, and agitator. The belt does not appear to be stretched. I'm not sure how to tell how slick it is. The agitator moves freely when the belt is not connected.
Where should I look to repair this unit? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
mcp6453 wrote:

Does it have cogged or smooth belt? Regardless it should be replaced. Over heating made it no good.
Add pictures here
✖
mcp6453 wrote:

It was the belt.
Add pictures here
✖
Make sure the belt is on right--if so, replace the belt MLD

Add pictures here
✖

    I have a Hover store close by. They have parts (in this case a new belt) and for a price they will even put the new belt on. Check your phone book, most cities have a shop.
Add pictures here
✖