Using vinyl floor adhesive with self-stick tiles

In the past I have put down regular vinyl tile (non self stick) with floor adhesive with no problem. Is there any harm in using it with self-stick vinyl tile? I wanted to put floor adhesive to prevent the self-stick tiles from popping up plus to give it some added strength to adhere to the floor.
On 12/21/2010 11:00 AM, Mikepier wrote:

That's what I did in 1983. The kitchen floor is still intact and in pretty darned good shape, considering its age.

Some tiles recommend using an adhesive that sets to a sticky surface, so it is like putting two pieces of duct tape together sticky side to sticky side. Then try to get it apart. My laundry room floor used this method, nothing has moved in 25 years.

Yeah... Amazing... It is called "contact cement" it is the same magical glue that is used to attach laminate surfaces to the substrate which is supporting it...
~~ Evan