Using space under the Deck

We have a walk in basement and our deck is raised high (9 feet or so). Below the deck is "walled" in with that lattice type thingy. I want to use the space below the deck for potting bench, gardening stuff etc.. . The main problem is water coming down the space between the Deck boards. What is best way to create a "roof" and still allow the water to run off. Can a simple tarp do the job? Please advise!

Reply to
baagban

yes lay a tarp on top of the deck and the water will not be able to run down onto the deck and then drip onto you playing under the deck....

Reply to
dbird