Using self leveling cement on a garage floor

All, quick question. I want to self level my garage floor. The floor has grime on it..paint, oil, etc. Should I etch the floor and power wash before self leveling or can I just self level?
The next step after self leveling in this project is to paint the floor using an epoxy compound. Does the new cement layer need to be etched?
TIA, Steven
Add pictures here
✖

I'll be following this thread since I want to do the same thing.
What are you planning to use as the self leveler?
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:49:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Do you really want a garage floor level? I have always seen them pitched a little toward the door.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 4:01 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

decide to convert the garage rather have the floor level now than wait.

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ours is the opposite. unfortunately, especially in the winter
Add pictures here
✖

✖

Yep..that's what I was planning on using. The instructions for floor prep are pretty clear...I read them last year but just never got around to doing the floor. It's once again on this summer's list.
Here's a link to the instructions:
http://www.quikrete.com/PDFs/SPEC_DATA-SelfLevelingFloorResurfacer.pdf
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:49:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

    I missed the original message, but you don't want to have totlally leveld floor in a garage. You want it to drain!
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 28, 11:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

re: You want it to drain!
Only if it gets wet.
My garage is storage along 3 walls with the center open for project work. It hasn't seen a car in 20 years.
The floor is pitted and I plan to "self level" it to prevent further degredation and provide a smoother surface to work/walk/sweep on.
Add pictures here
✖

The product you decide to use will include instructions on the proper preparation of the floor.

The product you decide to use will include instructions on the proper preparation of the floor.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 3:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

Add pictures here