Using self leveling cement on a garage floor

All, quick question. I want to self level my garage floor. The floor has grime on it..paint, oil, etc. Should I etch the floor and power wash before self leveling or can I just self level?

The next step after self leveling in this project is to paint the floor using an epoxy compound. Does the new cement layer need to be etched?

TIA, Steven

Reply to
BlinnPR

I'll be following this thread since I want to do the same thing.

What are you planning to use as the self leveler?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The product you decide to use will include instructions on the proper preparation of the floor.

The product you decide to use will include instructions on the proper preparation of the floor.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Do you really want a garage floor level? I have always seen them pitched a little toward the door.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes. I know it's probably not necessary, but should my wife and I decide to convert the garage rather have the floor level now than wait.

Reply to
BlinnPR

I'm thinking of using...QUIKRETE=AE Self-Leveling Floor Resurfacer

Reply to
BlinnPR

I'm thinking...QUIKRETE=AE Self-Leveling Floor Resurfacer

Reply to
BlinnPR

Yep..that's what I was planning on using. The instructions for floor prep are pretty clear...I read them last year but just never got around to doing the floor. It's once again on this summer's list.

Here's a link to the instructions:

DerbyDad03

=EF=BF=BDThe floor

Ours is the opposite. unfortunately, especially in the winter

Reply to
larrylaundry

I missed the original message, but you don't want to have totlally leveld floor in a garage. You want it to drain!

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

re: You want it to drain!

Only if it gets wet.

My garage is storage along 3 walls with the center open for project work. It hasn't seen a car in 20 years.

The floor is pitted and I plan to "self level" it to prevent further degredation and provide a smoother surface to work/walk/sweep on.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

We provide Self Leveling Epoxy (SLE) Floor. Our service: ? Self Leveling Epoxy Floor ? Decorative Concrete Floor Paint ? Epoxy Coating ? PU Industrial Flooring ? 3D Epoxy floor ? Protective Coating ? Epoxy Coating and Paint ? Construction Chemicals ? Swimming Pool ? Polished Concrete ? Waterproofing ? Floor Hardener Please visite our website:

poxy/ Facebook Link:
sh/

Reply to
ecotechepoxy