Using Radiator Electric Heater in Bathtub

I'm elderly and disabled. I am on a fixed income and cant afford much. To save on costly fuel I keep the house temperature set to 45 deg. That's as low as the thermustat goes. Because it cold in the house, I only take a bath about once a month. When I get cold I put a small electric heater in the bedroom, which is the only room I use in winter. But the bathroom is cold and there is no door on it so putting a heater in the room does nothing. I can take a bath if the water was hotter but its only gets warm. I know you cant put those electric heaters that get red inside into the tub because the electric will leak into the water, but can I put the electric radiator kind into the water to warm it up, and leave it in there while I am taking my bath? At least then I'd be warm even if the room is cold.
Donald B
Add pictures here
✖

5.5 on the troll meter.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 29, 6:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Sure go ahead
Add pictures here
✖

If this isn't a perfect scenario for that Legionella thing, I don't know what is??????
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 04:33:38 -0800 (PST), ransley

Thanks
I thought it was safe since the heater is sealed. Now I can enjoy a nice hot bath, which I am going to do first thing in the morning.
Donald B
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 30, 2:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

And that would be a 'mental' disability?
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 30, 1:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Let us know how it went.
Add pictures here
✖

Hopefully he has a "ground fault circuit interrupter" in his bathroom circuit............
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

If you take an extension cord, strip the wires back from the receptacle end and install alligator clips, clamp the clips to your ears, plug the cord in and you will quickly warm up. It's the same principle as the electric hot dog cooker and should keep you quite warm.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote in news:8sdhl45m1eltv7j6hgdr6tdgkn1v0unvhp@ 4ax.com:

Throw a quart of gas in the bathwater. It will float on the water. Toss in a match. The gas will burn calmly like a can of sterno. By the time the quart of gas burns off the top the water will be absolutely peachy.
Add pictures here
✖
Would that be hydrogen gas, oxygen gas, or maybe nitrogen gas?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Silly goose. I said quart. Those are measured in hecto-yards.
Add pictures here
✖

My bathtub has methane gas bubbles.
Add pictures here
✖
Please let us know how it works out. Sounds like it has electrifying possibilities.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I think he should go look for that water heater in the basement he forgot about and turn it on.
Add pictures here
✖
huh?
Add pictures here
✖
My answer to this is; Do-nut heat it that way..
If it's an old metal bathtub you could perhaps heat up the water with a blowlamp. Might scorch the paint a bit but what the heck?
Or metal pails of water heated up on an old electric 'hot plate' plugged in in the bedroom and then lugged into the bathroom!
Sounds a bit like we used to bathe when we were kids, in a house with no electricity at all, water was heated on the stove and poured into a metal bath tub.
That UK house which family had rented just at the end of WWII was Victorian. It was owned by a Miss Bracegirdle (I kid you not) who had evacuated out of the city due to the bombing and then had retired. It was, actually in a part of the city which hadn't been too badly hit by the bombing.
Add pictures here
✖

But thats where the bathroom is
Add pictures here