using pipe snapper on clay sewer pipe

I have to replace a 2 foot section of my clay sewer pipe and have been researching how to cut it. I've concluded that I should use either a router or a snap cutter. I'm leaning towards the snap cutter which you apparently tighten around the pipe with a wench and it cleanly snaps the pipe. The people at the equipment rental place tell me it works good on clay...anyone have any experience using this tool to cut clay sewer pipes?? My concern it causing fractures on the good part of the pipe. Thanks-

Mike Salazar

Reply to
Mike Salazar

dont know if it will cause fractures, but if it does then do it again.. Hint::: buy the pvc pipe after you know how far you have to go... if yoiu have to make two or more cuts due to fractures.....

Reply to
jim