Using my burglar alarm

Page 2 of 2

yea, guess I was right on the scrot but off a little on the other 2. maybe we will get definitions on the new slang in HeyBub's reply. I hope. :)

Bet some old DragNet re-runs could answer the question.
Shinola wrote:

Scrot = Naughty-bit pervert (from a Joseph Wambaugh novel) Mope = One who exposes himself to a blind person. Often used with "Felonious Mopery" Squint = Half a squirt. Similar to "Roach" in that both are adverse to light, but squints are slower.
Cops have other endearing names for members of society:
Goblin Solid waste Blotto Slamhog/Slamdog Carl Neck Mook FLASH (Fat, Lazy Ass, Shit Head) Bug
and more. Most are department-specific.

I think if the monitoring calls the police and tells them an alarm has gone off, they should check it out better when they get there.

You ever watch Judge Judy? She calls herself a truth machine, and since she never believes any statement that contradicts what she thinks, she never gets any contradiction. Same thing here.
Jethro inspired greatness with:

You may be able to use the current control if you can access dealer level programming. You need to provide the brand of the panel, Vector is a monitoring company - not a manufacturer. Manufactures will often privately brand control panels, and sometimes the programming is proprietary. Either way, you'll be able to use the wireless devices with a panel swap. State the panel and I'll get you a manual for it.
A more useful group for this question is alt.security.alarms, but mind you they are not DIY friendly if you are asking for hand holding.