Using my burglar alarm

Scrot = Naughty-bit pervert (from a Joseph Wambaugh novel) Mope = One who exposes himself to a blind person. Often used with "Felonious Mopery" Squint = Half a squirt. Similar to "Roach" in that both are adverse to light, but squints are slower.

Cops have other endearing names for members of society:

Goblin Solid waste Blotto Slamhog/Slamdog Carl Neck Mook FLASH (Fat, Lazy Ass, Shit Head) Bug

and more. Most are department-specific.

Reply to
HeyBub

AlarmCo inspired greatness with:

Cop lingo I guess.

Reply to
Shinola

yea, guess I was right on the scrot but off a little on the other 2. maybe we will get definitions on the new slang in HeyBub's reply. I hope. :)

Reply to
AlarmCo

Yeh - I see packages around $175. I don't think you get any sensors (?receivers?) in that price though - and surprisingly (to me) the sensors seem to be expensive in the area of $30 each. I would need 4 door sensors and 10 window sensors. Sounds like another $400 to me! I must be wrong somewhere.

A company called Vector sold/installed my old system. Said system was hit by a lightning surge (through phone line), which required replacing the control console, They charge me (insurance company) $500 for that. Wow! Anyway, I got hit again with a surge a year later, and decided not to replace the console, and cancelled Vector.

In case you're wondering - yes I have installed some surge protection. One outside at the meter for the whole house. 3 years now, and no more surges (yet). I also removed the lightning target on the roof. :

Reply to
Jethro

Bet some old DragNet re-runs could answer the question.

Reply to
tom