Using foam boards instead of standard vent chutes on rafters

Just like to get some thoughts on this product....(ignoring price)......using this in addition to the normal fiberglass batts.....so bascially this clip-vent system would just replace those standard vent chutes...using this with the standard 1" DOW Blue Styrofoam.,... (located in the Houston area)
http://www.ncinfonet.com/clip-vent/index.html
Thanks.

Well, ignoring cost, it seems like a superior solution. For one thing, it makes a channel that is essentially the full width of the rafter bay, which many of the chutes don't.
My only concern would be lack of fire resistance. I don't think unprotected foam board is allowed in many jurisdictions.
Paul F.

Well my opinion may not be worth much to you because my experience is in cold climates. Looks like a great setup for a cathedral ceiling. Might be a waste of money for the typical unheated attic in my area, where the chutes just go for a few feet along the wall plate area. I prefer to get cardboard chutes, since they install much easier and are also vapor permeable. Now maybe in a hot climate, using foil faced polyiso foam, they'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Thanks for all the responses. I forgot to mention that it would strictly be for a cathedral type ceiling where there's no attic space and it would get the afternoon sun....

I am doing something VERY similar in my addition with a cathedral ceiling. I used 9 1/2" I-joists for the ceiling joists, and 3/4" polyiso board against the bottom of the top flange of each I-joist, forming a "chute" that is 1 1/2" deep. Below that, I used R-25 unfaced batts, giving the ceiling an R-value of just under 30. Great for a 10" thick cathedral ceiling in WI.
JK