Using floor leveler for an uneven hallway floor

I need to level out a 1/4" hump in a floor in my hallway. The subfloor is 1/2" plywood then 1/2" partical board on top. I pulled off the the partical board hoping the hump was just in that but the plywood is humped up as well. I was going to add a 1/4" of luan plywood or hardboard and then put floor leveler on the top then put laminate flooring on top of that. Does this sound like a good idea?
tom
On 10 Nov 2003 18:46:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TomM in NY) wrote:

If the hump is not that wide or long and it is the only one I would use a belt sander to level it out. Floor leveler is fine but a little hard to work with. If not mixed and applied right you may have to sand it too.
Joe