Using Different Baseboard Moldings

Probably a strange question, but I don't want to have an ugly house. I have put down baseboards in the 3 bedrooms of my house, and am getting ready to do the LR and DR (it is a rambler with the BRs on the same level as the LR and DR). For the BRs I used plain one-piece baseboards from the BORG.
For the LR and DR, I am wondering if it would be tacky, detract, or somehow look out of place, if I used fancier baseboards, such as 2 piece - base and base cap? I seem to have the idea that a theme should be common throughout a house, but then I have a lot of misconceptions in life. The 2 different types of baseboards would never meet, since the BR doors separate them.
Any comments on how this would look would be appreciated. FWIW, I have HW floors throughout.

Just an opinion. I have always and still do think they should match.
At times working on some older homes this has cost me some serious money per foot.
Colbyt
<snip>>

It's your house, Buck. Do what you want, realizing that when the rooms are *not* contiguous no one will readily notice the change. Don't do it in a large, open combined area.
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:00:42 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"

Once this is done, furniture in place, window treatments up, etc. You'll probably be the only one to notice.
FWIW- I gutted a 100 year old home. I too was concerned about things like this. I stripped the old woodwork in my living room. (about all that was worth keeping). In the other rooms I used something bought off the rack as close as I could get.
Now that we're living in it 'I' don't even notice it.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

Since this is your LR and DR so go ahead and do something nice. No one will see your BR and if it "matches". Nothing makes hardwood shine quite like nice baseboards. I would never leave a room without installing at least 4" tall baseboards! They can really make the room.
says...

What you propose is done all the time. Go for it. Many spend more money (nicer materials, nicer details) on the LR and DR than the the kid's bedroom.

Agreed. The BB is just another part of the decor and finish. There is no problam at all having different baseboards in different rooms. We have 4 different BB's in our house. Go ahead and use them to give each individual room the look and feel you desire for that room. Heck, you may even wish to paint each room a different colour ;-)