using a jack hammer

Page 2 of 2

Would it be possible to post a photo somewhere?
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Oct 2016 16:02:00 -0500, CRNG

Yeah. I'll try to do that tomorrow. Good idea.
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:03:32 -0400, micky wrote:

If you're not in a hurry, repeated applications of vinegar should soften it.
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:03:33 -0400, Mike Duffy

I thought maybe you were kidding, but I see that works.
Of course, I think in this case it might take 100 years, so maybe you were kidding after all.
But it's good to know for other times.

Sounds like the ball needs the subtle application of HE. ;)
nb
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:28:29 -0700, Oren

I tried to get his name, and the homeowner said he'd get it for me, but he didn't, probably on purpose. He and the HOA president are the only n'bors I'm not on v. good terms with.

He'd also say he didnt' do it -- this one I didn't see -- even though the color of the steps and of the ball match. That might be enough, if I knew who it was.
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:03:32 -0400, micky

One more question, if the freezing ice doesn't work. I came across a video and I see i underestimated what a hammer drill can do to concrete.
What if I drilled a 3" deep hole and put a cherry bomb in the hole, then plugged it up somehow. Would it work like dynamite in a coal mine, or is there something between a cherry bomb and dynamite?
micky wrote:

FFFG black powder and cannon fuse . Tamp it or you'll just get pretty flames and lotsa smoke . .
--
Snag

I would drill holes in the concrete, then use feathers and wedges to crack it into pieces. But I already have the rotary hammer, feathers, and wedges.
Alternatively, you could drill holes in the blob and pour in some "Dexpan". It slowly expands, splitting the boulder or blob into pieces.
Another option, dig a large hole and use levers to push the blob in the hole. Then cover it with dirt.
Good luck,