Using 2 bulb ballast for 1 bulb

Is there a simple way to rewire a 2 bulb rapid start ballast to work properly with 1 bulb, possibly using a capacitor as a replacement load for the missing bulb? [I on ly have space for 1 bulb.]
Thanks.
-- Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
I have never heard of a "dummy" bulb that would simulate the load of a second bulb. However some 2 lamp ballasts WILL work with only one bulb... It'll say so on the ballast