Useful/possible to use 2" bathtub drain?

Hello,
All the bathtub waste and overflow assemblies I've run across are 1.5". I expect a 2" drain, like a shower drain, would drain more quickly. Does anyone use a 2" drain on bathtubs?
I have an Oatey ABS 1.5" waste show and the female threads for the spud block some of the outlet. Is there a source for 2" ABS bathtub waste shoes? Or if I use this 1.5" waste show, is there a point to adapting to 2" as soon as I can?
Thanks, Wayne
Don't try to re-engineer time-tested (and good) plumbing standards.