Used circulator

I was recently on site for a boiler replacement. I asked about the circulator, which was only a few years old. They said it was mine for the taking, since they were replacing, but warned me bearings tend to fail once they are removed, since air gets in. I took it. I was thinking of drying it out, and soaking bearings in oil. I don't need it now, since mine is new, just thought it might not hurt to have a spare for myself or a friend. Comments?
I oil the bearings on the circulator motor and the pump several times a year. It came with the house 20 years ago and has been fine.