Use powder HE detergent in front loader washer?

I have a front loader washer and have always use liquid HE detergent in it.
Does anyone know if its OK to use "powder" HE detergent instead?
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

That's what it's made for! In some machines you have to use powder for the second stage wash.
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Lost the directions, huh? There's usually an "adjustment" that you have to make with the dispenser to allow it to use powder instead of liquid. Usually involves moving the divider so that the powder can be "flushed" into the machine (raises it up in our case).
--
Grandpa - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

What is that dripping from my fingers?

What does your instruction manual say?