Use deep discharge marine battery as emergency power source?

Page 4 of 4
On Jan 30, 11:59pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I bought a doer one time that was for jumping cars. Held a good sized battery , buit in charger, a couple of cigarette lighter type plugs and jumper cables. This was all mounted on wheels with a handle so you could move it around Think it cost about $100 USD with battery. I used it for years until I let it freeze and crack the battery. BTW dont buy a Marine battery...they are just Deep Cycle with a picture of a boat on the side. You pay a lot extra for that picture.. I have a USB extender(4 ports) that uses a 12VDC wall wart to power it. I bet you could hook it up to one of the cig jacks and make it do what you want. Figure you want to power some cell phones, iPod and such.
Jimmie
On 01/30/11 11:59 pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Anybody use an automatic filling system for their batteries? E.g., Pro-Fill or AquaPro?
Perce