URL of the Day

Georgia-Pacific has product called DensArmor, which is gypsum board with a fiberglass (instead of paper) facing. The ads say mold is less likely to grow. The 5/8" x 4'x8' sheet costs US$19 here in Kansas City, and only three places carry it. For comparison, regular 5/8 sheetrock at Lowe's is US$8.64 right now. I've never used the new stuff, but I filled-out the form for the samples, and I got a box full of them today. http://www.gp.com/build/samples.html
So, is it worth the ten extra bucks?
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

gypsum board with

less likely

City, and

sheetrock at

but I

them today.

Im sure it is in some locations,, hard wear areas, and moist areas. It might be 10% of the market. not for most of the house though. but a hot option for those other areas.
Phil Scott

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

with
likely
today.
Check the John Bridge tile forum. If it's the stuff I think it is, it got trashed, literally. That was in tile installations. If you just need it for regular drywall work, using mildew inhibiting paint will give you the protection you need.
It might be worth it for intitutional applications. TB