Urinals for the home -> why not?

Page 4 of 4
tom wrote:

Note to self:
MUST ALWAYS have at least one functioning toilet when strangers in house.

It is a popular option in high end homes where they have a bunch of bathrooms. The one in the "man's room" has a urinal.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I don't understand why it would have to be placed in a "mens room" in an affluent house, instead of having it as part of the normal set of fixtures in the main washroom of the average home(*)
========= (*) By "average home", I mean a "modern" home - with a suitably large or spacious main washroom according to modern tastes and desires, or the renovation of an older home with the intent of enlarging the washroom.
On 12/10/2011 11:27 AM, Home Guy wrote:

<snip>
I think the answer is it doesn't have to be. You can put it anywhere you want. There are plenty of houses that do have one. I knew someone who had one because they had lots of boys. But for the reasons I already mentioned it's a luxury because toilets do double duty. You're beating a dead horse.
Jim

One of my buddies installed one in his "man cave". Most of the guys that are over think its great and he doesnt have to worry so much about his half crocked buddies missing the target. My fatherin law also had one in his bathroom, he didnt have to share it with anyone and he wasnt planing on reselling the house. They are much easier to clean than a toilet and since he had a toilet out in his shop ( much time spent there) the toilet in his bedroom was rarely used.
Jimmie.
Home Guy wrote:

Uh, don't you already have a sink in the loo?

...but have terrible penmanship.
On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 18:01:19 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Depends. Some handle the pen very well.
Bill Clinton steps out onto the White House lawn in the dead of winter. Right in front of him, on the White House lawn, he sees "The President Must Die" written in urine across the snow. Well, old Bill is pretty pissed off.
He storms into his security staff's headquaters and yells, "Somebody wrote a death threat in the snow on the front damn lawn! And they wrote it in urine! Son-of-a-bitch had to be standing right on the porch when he did it! Where were you guys?"
The security guys stay silent and stare ashamedly at the floor. Bill hollers, "Well dammit, don't just sit there! Get out and FIND OUT WHO DID IT! I want an answer, and I want it TONIGHT!"
The entire staff immediately jumped up and raced for the exits. Later that evening, his chief security officer approaches him and says, "Well Mr. President, we have some bad news, and we have some really bad news. Which do you want first?"
Clinton says, "Oh Hell, give me the bad news first." The officer says, "Well, we took a sample of the urine and tested it. The results just came back, and it was Al Gore's urine."
Clinton says, "Oh my god, I feel so ... so betrayed! My own vice president! Damn. Well, what's the really bad news?"
The officer replies, "Well, it's Hillary's handwriting."

Female campers, hikers, soldiers, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBiift_rbLQ

-- Steven L.
Home Guy wrote:

If you do put one in you can put a mirror over it with a sign reading,
"Objects in mirror may be smaller than they look."
Or, skip the mirror and just put up a sign over it reading:
"The future of the human race is in your hands now."
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)