Urinals for the home -> why not?

Ok, this is getting strange.

I can't believe the number of people mentioning or proposing the use of the sink as a urinal instead or in place of having a real urinal.

Do you Americans really do this?

Do you or would you consider using the bathroom sink as a sort-of urinal?

When I said (in another thread) that your ways are strange to us, I had no idea how true that was...

Reply to
Home Guy

I never have.

There are idiots everywhere.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Urine is sterile.

Bernt Berger

Unless it isn't. Jesus, what a dumb thing to say.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

It is a popular option in high end homes where they have a bunch of bathrooms. The one in the "man's room" has a urinal.

Reply to
gfretwell

So your answer is - yes. ?

Bizarre.

Reply to
Home Guy

I don't understand why it would have to be placed in a "mens room" in an affluent house, instead of having it as part of the normal set of fixtures in the main washroom of the average home(*)

==========

(*) By "average home", I mean a "modern" home - with a suitably large or spacious main washroom according to modern tastes and desires, or the renovation of an older home with the intent of enlarging the washroom.

Reply to
Home Guy

I think the answer is it doesn't have to be. You can put it anywhere you want. There are plenty of houses that do have one. I knew someone who had one because they had lots of boys. But for the reasons I already mentioned it's a luxury because toilets do double duty. You're beating a dead horse.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Quite practical.

tom

Is that relevant to this conversation?

Reply to
Home Guy

guess you don't piss in the shower either. yeah right.

Reply to
Steve Barker

One of my buddies installed one in his "man cave". Most of the guys that are over think its great and he doesnt have to worry so much about his half crocked buddies missing the target. My fatherin law also had one in his bathroom, he didnt have to share it with anyone and he wasnt planing on reselling the house. They are much easier to clean than a toilet and since he had a toilet out in his shop ( much time spent there) the toilet in his bedroom was rarely used.

Jimmie.

Reply to
JIMMIE

It's true, it a purely scientific sense, not a practical one. From the wiki site:

As a teen I used to work in a stable in NYC with about 40 horses. If the hay wasn't mucked out daily the stench of ammonia would be so powerful it could knock you down. My folks made me change my work clothes before they'd let me back in the house. The cat I saved from the stable well stank of horse piss and ammonia for about a week after I brought him home. Put a horseshit covered 20p nail all the way through from the bottom of my boot out through the top. It's quite a surprise to look down and see something sticking up out of your boot top. Solved the problem of removing it by getting woozy and just falling off it. ER treatment consisted of a tetanus shot, an X-ray and a long, long soak in a bowl full of PhisoHex.

On the plus side, I didn't have any fleas, though! I did get ticks, which apparently are very fond of horses. Discovered one of them when I went to use the urinal, FWIW, attached to the end of my you-know-what and a few others making their way up my leg, even though I was wearing cowboy boots. Was naive enough to go to the ER where the nurse said "Didn't you have any Marlboros?"

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

"Robert Green" wrote in news:jc0it3$8ac$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Good stories!!

Reply to
Han

Uh, don't you already have a sink in the loo?

Reply to
HeyBub

If, oh, 70% of American males report that they have, on occasion, used a sink as a urinal, we can safely conclude that 30% of American males lied.

Aside from not having to put the seat down, so doing saves water.

It's for the children.

Reply to
HeyBub

...but have terrible penmanship.

Reply to
krw

...or into the wind. We never tug on Superman's cape or pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, either.

Reply to
krw

Depends. Some handle the pen very well.

Bill Clinton steps out onto the White House lawn in the dead of winter. Right in front of him, on the White House lawn, he sees "The President Must Die" written in urine across the snow. Well, old Bill is pretty pissed off.

He storms into his security staff's headquaters and yells, "Somebody wrote a death threat in the snow on the front damn lawn! And they wrote it in urine! Son-of-a-bitch had to be standing right on the porch when he did it! Where were you guys?"

The security guys stay silent and stare ashamedly at the floor. Bill hollers, "Well dammit, don't just sit there! Get out and FIND OUT WHO DID IT! I want an answer, and I want it TONIGHT!"

The entire staff immediately jumped up and raced for the exits. Later that evening, his chief security officer approaches him and says, "Well Mr. President, we have some bad news, and we have some really bad news. Which do you want first?"

Clinton says, "Oh Hell, give me the bad news first." The officer says, "Well, we took a sample of the urine and tested it. The results just came back, and it was Al Gore's urine."

Clinton says, "Oh my god, I feel so ... so betrayed! My own vice president! Damn. Well, what's the really bad news?"

The officer replies, "Well, it's Hillary's handwriting."

Reply to
Vic Smith

You really are serious - aren't you?

My jaw dropped after reading that.

Hill billies and frat boys I would expect maybe to piss in a sink. I guess I know which group you belong to.

Reply to
Home Guy