URGENT HELP: Location of flame Sensor...to clean it

I have a high efficiency YORK FURNACE. MODEL # P2UUDD12N09501C SERIAL # EBAM075648
I know what the problem is with my furnace. The flame sensor needs to be cleaned. I have no idea where it is located. My ex moved out almost a year now and he is the one who cleaned it before. Can you please send me detailed instructions on where it is located? Right now we are heated our enclosed family room with a space heater and the rest of the house is 50 Degrees and lowering. I have 4 children and 3 pets to keep warm and Michigan weather today is supposed to be at their lowest degrees for this winter season. PLEASE HELP?
THANK YOU... Sincerely Tammy

No offence, honey, but we can't see it from here. And how do YOU know it's the flame sensor??!!
Pick up the phone and call a contractor or someone else will pick up the phone and call the authorities and report you for endangerment of your children...
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:01:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@spam.invalid (TammyS) wrote:

Coomon fucking sense should tell you that something called a "flame sensor" should sense flame, which means that the flame must touch it for it to work. No wonder your ex left you, you must have shit for brains.
TammyS wrote:

Tammy, sorry to hear about your problem.
If you want to know more about your furnace, technical guides and user manuals of York furnace products are available from their website at:
http://www.yorkupg.com/NewCatalog.asp?t=r&id=5
To find the right documentation, you may need to decode your model number. Sorry, I don't know how to do that. You may be able to find some help from these places:
http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/appliance_standards/residential/pdfs/furnaces_boilers/furnace_boiler_app7_2.pdf
http://www.arnoldservice.com/york_parts.htm
*CAVEAT*: Before you attempt to service any parts of your gas furnace, make sure that the part is indeed user-serviceable, and that you fully understand the procedures involved and the precautions that need to be taken. When in doubt, call a contractor and leave the job to them. A broken furnace on a cold winter day is bad, but a fire or explosion is much worse...
Since most of your house is now unheated, frozen pipes are a real possibility. Watch out for that.

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/appliance_standards/residential/pdfs/furnaces_boilers/furnace_boiler_app7_2.pdf
Hopefully she has some kind of back-up heat. I know they always say you shouldn't use your oven to heat the house, but at least it would keep the pipes from freezing until she gets a repair out to fix the furnace...
TammyS wrote:

Hi, No manual? Look at the other side of ignitor. It's like amatch stick sticking out with a wire hanging on it. Remove it, gently rub with ememry cloth to rid of dirt/rust and reinstall. Common problem but couldbe something else. Good luck, Tony
go here...
http://www.arnoldservice.com/furnace_flame_sensors.htm
look at the flame sensors...then shut off power to your furnace....take all the doors of..this should kill power but it would be best to shut the circuit breaker off.......
find what looks like the flame sensor by comparing to the pictures at the above website I and another user posted.
clean with steel wool or sand paper.....
really should get a professional out there to look at that.
also...and no offense to you Tammy....but I just wonder if Tammy isnt a man using a womans name to get sympathy and more answers.....
~:>