Urethane mistake

There's a distinct line of demarcation about three feet long on my new hardwood floor where the urethane was not applied properly; i.e. thick on one side of the line, much thinner on the other. It bothers me every time look at it, which is several times a day. Is there something that can be done about it? I sent an email to the installer and he has not responded. Thanks.

Pat

Reply to
Patscga

The installer needs to recoat the entire floor, If you do not hear from him file in small claim tell him if he fixes it you will drop it. File for full amount of job.

Reply to
m Ransley

It may have to be sanded to blend, then the entire floor re-coated. The installer should be willing to do it if he is at all reputable.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If he will not respond to an e-mail complaint, then he is very likely not reputable. Many states have statutes which protect the consumer against fraudulent and deceptive business practices. Contact the Attorney General's office in your state to inquire. You may be entitled to more than the amount you paid. In some states it's three times what you paid if it involves auto or home repairs.

Bob

Reply to
rck

I agree, light sanding and then recoating the whole floor. It's really simple and not all that much work. If he's reputable, he'll do it. But, how did this happen to begin with? He must have done it in two sections?

Reply to
Chet Hayes

try that squarish thing. has 12 buttons or so on it. usually called the TELEPHONE. not everyone, especially busy trades people, do their critical business via email. perhaps he just didn't check it this week.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer