Urethane glue shelf life

I had bought a small bottle of Sumo, urethane glue about 8 months ago and found a project for it today. I was shocked when I found the bottle to be firm and, when I opened it the glue was more firm than usual. I got what I needed and pitched the rest. That was a pretty expensive bottle considering that I only got one use.
Finally, the question. What IS the shelf life of **unopened** urethane glue? I had a similar sized bottle of Gorilla Glue and it lasted much longer even though it had been used and there was air in the bottle. I did store it on its head but still...
TIA, Chuck

what does the label say? what does the person at the other end of the 800 # that is on the label say? does the label say how to reconstitute it?
i recently had a tube of ge silicone fail to harden even though it was before the expiration date. they replaced it for free.
C & E wrote:

Traces of moisture will cause isocyanate glues to gel. Even plastic is permeable even when tightly sealed. I would expect an expiration date for unopened material.

ISTR Wood Magazine saying one year,UNopened. (trouble is,you don't know how long the bottle was on the store shelf.)
They have done some glue tests,and you may be able to search their web site.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I hadn't thought of an expiration date. The glue went with the trash so, lesson learned. I am sceptical of refunds since so many of them ask that you send the product back. I'll check and thanks for a reality check.
C & E wrote:

Out of curiosity, I see no date on my Gorilla glue but do have a can of urethane foam that states remainder of product in can after opening may not be usable after 3 weeks.
I'm still somewhat dismayed about packaging some household products in plastic. Materials sealed in glass or metal will last much longer because glass and metal are not permeable.
wrote in message

************************** Ditto that, Frank. My Gorilla, which is older and opened, but stored on its head, is fine. Not the slightest sign of hardening.

About 6 months. It reacts with moisture.