Update to ""Flood" Problem in Refrigerator"

This is an update to my "Flood" Problem in Refrigerator thread:

I did not have the confidence to do this repair myself, so I called A&E Factory Service (an authorized Whirlpool repair shop). A technician came and did the job for $160 (expensive). The problem was just as those who responded to my posting said: a clogged drain tube located behind the back panel of the freezer compartment. Clogged with ice. Cleared with hot water. Problem gone. That was 12 days ago.

Thanks again to all who responded to my original post. You guys were completely right on this one.

---With Appreciation

---TConrad

Reply to
omicron6

I didn't see that thread. If hot water was all he did the job isn't done. If you hang a bare copper wire, 12 ga is best, from the defrost heater down into the drain the ice won't return. if you didn't, it will.

Reply to
Ed

What, and cheat the service company out of another $160 service call?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

mine did that once, cleared with hot water.

hasnt returned since, important to flush line sometimes its gooey food mess...

Reply to
hallerb

mine did that once, cleared with hot water.

hasnt returned since, important to flush line sometimes its gooey food mess...

Reply to
hallerb

mine did that once, cleared with hot water.

hasnt returned since, important to flush line sometimes its gooey food mess...

Reply to
hallerb

I didn't see the thread but once I had the same thing. I believe I shut down the refrig for about 12 hours and it did the trick. Of course you have to be careful of your foods tho. I'm no expert in repair costs but $160 sounds a bit high to me unless he did some other stuff.

Reply to
mad hatterĀ®