update on wood floor problem

Posted last week that a recently installed engineered wood floor had problems with some boards sticking up on the edges higher than the rest. The carpet company looked at it and would do nothing. An argument pursued.
This week, the manufacture rep (Armstrong owns Cappela now) looked at it and said it wasn't right. First, this is a discontinued flooring, they now use only beveled edge boards. Second, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. They are going to remove a large section of the wood and replace it. They said three boxes would probably be enough. We only used 20 boxes originally, so they are going to pull more than 10% of the floor.
I asked where they would get the flooring since it was discontinued - they have some in a warehouse, just don't make it any more.
I asked about gluing the engineered wood directly onto a slab. They said that was the correct way to do it, that the glue was also a vapor barrier. Any other installation would not be correct.
Anyway, I took a verbal beating when I posted my problem, and just wanted to update the group on what's going on.
It may be a month or more before they fix it since their installer will come out of Dallas or Houston and they travel as needed.
Bob-tx
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bob wrote:

It is good to hear back from folks about what works or doesn't work and the final outcome. It sounds promising, and I hope it turns out well.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.