Update on Whirlpool refrigerator powering down after a power glitch (really long)

Page 2 of 2
On 7/10/2016 11:52 PM, George in SC wrote:

People like gadgets, needed or not. When I open a door or use the ice dispenser it shows on a display the temperature of the freezer and refrigerated sections. I can also independently change the temperature of the drawer.
All sorts of nifty things but no butter compartment.
On 7/11/2016 2:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

*Heated* butter compartment!!
On 7/12/2016 5:16 PM, Don Y wrote:

Does not have to be heated, just not as cold as the rest of the fridge. Last two were like that. Last *heated* butter compartment was in a Frigidaire we bought in 1966. Had a multiple position dial. It was still a GM company back then.
On 7/12/2016 6:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've not encountered a "non-heated" butter compartment that was sufficiently warmer than the rest of the refrigerator to make a difference. Doors are well insulated, now, so virtually any place inside the "refrigerated section" is "cold".
I've taken to removing butter from the refrigerator well in advance of needing it. Especially if baking (as "firm" butter doesn't mix well with other ingredients).

Thank you for sharing