Update on Very NOISY Whirlpool Dehumidifier

Hi,

I think I have finally "tamed the beast". My latest technique (two boards with long threaded rods, see below) is working! I have been using the dehumidifier for the past two weeks since, and it is hard to believe the dehumidifier noise level remains normal !

John

Hi, > > I did not list the different methods I tried, starting with different >weights on top, insuring that everything is "tight" inside, checking >the rubber mounts used by the compressor, different small carpets >for it to sit on, and many other techniques. > > My latest attempt, I used two boards with holes near each end and >long threaded rods (with nuts, flat & lock washers) through the holes in order >to squeeze the sides (boards against sides) of the cabinet. So far (one day), >it seems to work, but other methods I tried in the past seemed to work, but >only for a while. > > Since this cold spell hit us, the dehumidifier is turned off. I will have >to wait until warmer weather comes back before I use it again. If this >latest technique works for at least two weeks, I will post an "update". > > John

Orig>>Hi,

> >> I bought a Whirlpool model AD50DSS2 dehumidifier. It is a very NOISY >>(vibration noise) dehumidifier! >> >> A service man came. He thought he fixed it, but later the NOISE was >>back. >> >> The dehumidifier's cabinet "amplifies" the compressor's vibration. A >>call to Whirlpool was no help at all. >> >> I am a ham radio operator and found out from other hams that I am not the >>only one that has a NOISY Whirlpool dehumidifier. >> >> I would like to hear from others with the same problem. >> >> Thank You in Advance, John N3AOF >> >> PS, Remove "ine" from my email address
Reply to
jaugustine